CHICHESTER CITY CLUB
On 25 May 2018, a privacy law known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), came into effect.
These new regulations apply to all organisations processing and holding the personal data of people residing in the EU.
Chichester City Club respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
WHAT DATA DO WE HOLD?
We may hold the following data;
Telephone Numbers (both Landline and/or Mobile)
Date of birth
Bank Details - if you pay by Direct Debit
WHY DO WE COLLECT/KEEP YOUR DATA?
The data we hold is used in order to provide continued membership of the City Club.
WE NEVER PASS ON ANY OF THIS INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTY COMPANIES FOR MARKETING PURPOSES OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL PURPOSES EXCEPT WHERE YOU HAVE AGREED TO PAY YOUR SUBSCRIPTION BY DIRECT DEBIT.
HOW DO WE COLLECT/KEEP YOUR DATA?
We collect your data when we initially set up your account, by asking you to fill in a Membership Form and a Direct Debit Mandate; if applicable. We may ask you from time to time to update any old data say; change of mobile phone number etc. This may be a request by mail, in an email or by telephone.
Our secure server keeps hold of this information until it is not required by us anymore. We may also keep paper copies of information in a locked room within our locked Offices.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
Your details are kept on our records for as long as you are a member of the Chichester City Club. Details will be removed when you are no longer a member.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
You have the right to request;
- Access to the personal data we hold about you
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect or incomplete
- Removal of any personal data you feel is not relevant to membership of the Club - This right is not absolute and we may not be able to comply with your request.
- You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time. To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this privacy notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
This Privacy Statement is displayed on the Club Notice Board and copies are available from the bar.
At Chichester City Club. we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information ie. Newsletter.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to a buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.